Coach K's Health Spot

The alphabet - the letter C DSC_0008_5 letter A letter c letter H IMG_5637

Monday, August 9, 2010

11 tools Post Analysis

I don't think I can say that I have a specific tool that was my absolute favorite, there were quite a few that I enjoyed. I think the wheels have begun to spin even more, it is not that I have not considered adding technology within my classroom. It really boils down to having the resources available, because I have used what we have available at school, whether it is pulling out a projector that we borrow, using the laptop and even videos. I think the door has been opened, now I just have to decide where it is leading me. I enjoyed learning about Photo Story, which was similar to Animoto, but we learn the process of creating one that we can personalize more I think. I also enjoyed learning about google docs and the wikis, as I could see that eventually being a way where we can communicate with our students on certain Health topics or just keeping inform with them without having to give out our mobile number. I also see it as a way of collaborating with other health fitness teachers around the world. I liked Skype, there are so many I enjoyed learning even more about, now I just need to let it all settle and see how things will play out during the school year. I would like to learn a little bit more about the itouch's and just all the options and apps that are available for Health Fitness specifically. I cannot say that there were any surprises just some very informative information that may have cleared up a few things for me and given me some more head knowledge of what they are. We are receiving some netbooks, and itouch's so I am brainstorming on how I want to incorporate those within a classroom of 50-60 students. I think of course it will most likely be for the intermediate grade levels, as far as self-exploration, because of it needing to be developmentally appropriate. But I am definitely ready and open for trying things as long as they do not take away from the students.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you're open and willing to try new things in Health Fitness. Can't wait to see how you implement technology in your programs/lessons.

    ReplyDelete